GLS Chorus is more than just a group of women who get together to sing a cappella harmony. We are a group of committed, talented women who genuinely care about one another and about singing music we all love.
We all have so many choices in how we spend that most precious commodity - our time. Why spend it with us?
- You love music. Maybe you already love barbershop. Or, maybe you're a fan of country, pop, or jazz. Maybe you love classical. You're in luck, because there are elements of virtually every type of music in what we sing. Maybe not rap, but you get the point. Whether you're a trained musician, or just love to sing along with the radio, you'll find someone who thinks just like you do.
- You love to sing. In school, in church, in the car, in the yard and probably in the shower, you'll find a place to sing. With GLS, you'll have a chance to sing in rehearsal, for guests who visit our rehearsals, in competitions and for audiences of all ages and sizes.
- You love meeting new people. At GLS Chorus, you'll meet fascinating women with different hobbies and experiences and great stories to tell.
- You love to have fun. Fantastic, so do we! And we do it all the time!
- You love to learn and grow. GLS Chorus offers dozens of ways to learn and grow as a musician and as a person. Learn about music, about how to tell a story with music and lyrics. Join a committee and use or develop your talents at promotion, event management, organization, costuming, program development. Be bold and sing with a quartet. The possibilities are endless.
- You love to be terrific at whatever you do. We're looking for women like you, who want to meet new friends, learn, share and make the GLS Chorus into the very best it can be.
If you see yourself in any of the points listed here, we want to see you at a rehearsal! Our members come from the northwest Indiana region; we have members from Porter, Gary, Knox, Kouts, Hebron, Portage, Chesterton, Wanatah, LaPorte, and even South Bend and Granger. The drive is worth it, when we have so much fun!
Women of all ages are invited to attend. For more information about joining us, contact us. If you're a woman who loves to sing, we'd love to meet you!
Visit us and see for yourself!
Rehearsals are Tuesdays, 6:30pm to 9:30pm CDT
Faith Memorial Lutheran Church
753 N Calumet Ave.
Valparaiso, IN 46383